About Gary Zweifel
Gary Zweifel has actively demonstrated his commitment to the law through over 30 years of service to clients in the state of Georgia. He was admitted to the Bar in Georgia in 1971 and has served as principle of the Zweifel Law firm since 1992. He also heads up Private Fiduciary Services and Guardianship Services of Georgia.
Gary’s expertise has been called on many times for both publication and lecture. He very much enjoys the opportunity to share with others the knowledge he has gleaned through his long-standing career. These include:
- Lecturer: "Professional Concerns in Planning with Elderly Clients", Estate Planning Institute, 1992.
- Lecturer: "Guardianship", Fifth Annual Symposium, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
- Chairman, Title 29 (Guardianship) Revision Committee.
- Author: "Questions and Answers about Wills and Trusts for Disabled Dependents" and "Questions and Answers about Guardianships for Disabled Dependents", published by Georgia Learning Resource System, 1992.
- Author: "Jury Trials Come to Probate Courts in Georgia", 23 Ga. State Bar J. 96 (1986).
- Lecturer: "Durable Health Care Power of Attorney", Wild Dunes Resort, Charleston, S. C., July, 1989.
- Lecturer: "Discussion of Opposing Positions and Tactics", Fiduciary Litigation Seminar, Atlanta, Georgia, January, 1990.
- Lecturer: "Durable Powers of Attorney for Property and Health Care Matters", Atlanta Estate Planning Council, May 1991.
- Participated in "Pre-Trial Strategies, Handling Discovery and Asserting & Protecting Available Privileges", Fiduciary Law Institute, 1995.
- Recent Developments in Guardianship Law presented to the 2001 and 2002 National Guardianship Association Annual Meeting
- Lecturer: “Litigation of Estates, Trusts and Guardianships in Georgia, Lorman Education Services 2006
Associations and Affiliations:
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, Section of Fiduciary Law (Past President)
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (Past Member of Fiduciary Litigation Committee)
- Member, American Bar Association, Member, Section of Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law
- Member, The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, National Guardianship Association (Former Member of Board of Directors)
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Stonewall Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Old Warhorse Lawyers Club
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council (Past member of Board of Directors)
- Accredited Estate Planner
- Delegate, First International Conference on Guardianships (Berlin, Germany, April 2003)
- Selected Georgia Super Lawyer by Atlanta Magazine, 2007
- Rated “AV” by Matindale Hubbell